Junior Design Researcher, currently based in Aveiro University, ID+ integrated member. Nina Costa has undertaken her initial training in the area of Industrial Design at Aveiro (ESAN). Her PhD, developed at Faculty of Engineering University of Porto, MIT-Portugal program, in collaboration with MIT and INESC TEC, focused on integrating product-service system design and service design approaches, and develop new methods and tools to support the co-creation of more complete solutions in manufacturing and service companies. Throughout her career, Nina has worked with multiple companies, in particular, in the energy sector during her post-doc (EDP commercial) and with manufacturing company (Laborial). Additionally, the researcher has participated and published her work in conferences in the fields of Design and Service, including IPDMC, QUIS and ServDes, being the first author of 11 publications. She published an article in a leading international scientific journal in the field of Design (Design Studies). She was also invited to present her work at FEUP on multiple occasions and at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). She participated and contributed in management of the Service Design for Innovation Network (SDIN) project and is currently working on the project "For a Design Observatorium in Portugal: Models, Instruments, Representation and Strategies", reference POCI-01-0145-FEDER-032445.
- none ID+
- Junior Researcher ID+ UA
- Title Designing Product-Service System solutions for value co-creation: integrating PSS and Service design
- Field Product Service Systems design
- Year 2017
- Costa, Nina; Duborjal Cabral A., Duborjal Cabral A., Duarte A., Gonçalves C., Ascenção D., Vasconcelos I., Frias Riobom D. (2019), “Ecoteracy: designing an info-inclusive sustainability language”, 3-4 April, Designing Sustainability for All, LeNS conference
- Costa, Nina; Patrício, L.; Morelli, N.; Magee, C. L., (2018) “Bringing service design to manufacturing industry: integrating service design and PSS approaches”, Design Studies, 55, pp.112-145 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.destud.2017.09.002
- Costa, Nina; Patrício, L.; Morelli, N., (2018) “A Designerly-way of Conducting Qualitative Research in Design Studies”, SERVDES 2018 Proof of Concept, June 10-13, Milan, Italy
- Costa, Nina; Patrício, L.; Morelli, N., (2017) “Integrating PSS and Service Design approaches for service innovation”, QUIS15, June 18-21, Porto, Portugal
- Costa, Nina; Patrício, L.; Morelli, N., (2016) “Revisiting PSS and Service design approaches in the light of the SD Logic”, SERVDES 2016, May 24-226, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Costa, Nina; Patrício, L.; Morelli, N., (2015) “Integrating Product-Service System design with Service Design & Service Logic: the case of laboratory manufacturing industry”, IPDMC, June 14-16, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Costa, Nina; Patrício, L.; Morelli, N., (2015) “Designing integrated product-service system solutions in manufacturing industries”, QUIS14, June 18-21, Xangai, China, pp 785-794
- Costa, Nina; Patrício, L.; Morelli, N., (2015) “Towards an integrated approach to design for value co-creation”, UD15: Periphery and Promise, October 19-20, Porto, Portugal
- Costa, Nina; Coimbra, O., and Ferreira, J. P., (2013) “Computer Platforms to Support Collaborative Design and Development”, IDEMI 2013, September 4-6, Oporto, Portugal, pp. 645 – 654.
- Costa, Pedro J., Rodrigues, M., Costa, N., Rodrigues, R., Alaniz, T. (2012) “Industrial design workshop: Auto-sustainable guest-house for via students”, 15th International Conference on Experimental Mechanics (ICEM15) pp. 1-13