António João Fernandes Lourenço Gomes is a communication and product designer based in Coimbra, Portugal. He is an adjunct faculty member at The School of Design, Management and Production Technologies Northern Aveiro, University of Aveiro (ESAN–UA). He holds a Ph.D in Design from FBAUP/UA, Portugal. His current research addresses the cultural significance and historical inscription of Almalaguês, a traditional Portuguese weaving technique. He has a broad professional experience as a designer in diverse areas of application, including graphic and editorial design, information design, product design, and design of environments and exhibitions in commercial and museological contexts.
- Professor Adjunto UA (ESAN)
Detalhes relativos ao doutoramento
- Title Almalaguez. Tecer o futuro com os fios do passado.
- Field Design, Heritage Crafts, Almalaguês, Industry
- Year 2018
Grupos de Investigação
- de Almeida, P. C., Chatterjee, A., & Gomes, A. J. (2017). Rediscovering Almalaguês: A Strategic Design Approach to a Traditional Portuguese Hand-Weaving Technique. Journal of Textile Design Research and Practice, 5(2), 110–137. https://doi.org/10.1080/20511787.2018.1449075
- Alvelos, H., Barreto, S., de Almeida, P. C., Chatterjee, A., & Gomes, A. J. (2019) “Anti-Amnesia: The Viability of Millenary Weaving in a World of Acceleration”. Presented at the The European Conference on Arts & Humanities 2019, Brighton.
- de Almeida, P. C., Chatterjee, A., & Gomes, A. J. (2017) “Cortebel 50 in Almalaguês”. Proceedings. Presented at the Intersections: Collaborations in Textile Design Research Conference, Loughborough, U.K..
- IEFP (2020). Prémio Nacional de Artesanato. Prémio Nacional de Investigação 2019. Almalaguez (pp.96-97)
Produção científica, artística e cultural
- de Almeida, P. C., Chatterjee, A. (2020) “Almalaguês Footwear Series”. ID+ / Unexpected Media Lab.