Born in 1975, in Portugal, opened in 2003 his own design studio focused on interior and product design (ESTUDIOAMA) after graduating in Product Design (EUAC).
At the year 2006 finished the post-graduation in Engineering Design (IST), in 2009 received his M.Sc. in Aesthetic Communication (EUAC) and in 2011 obtains the title of Specialist in Product Design (IPC; IPL; UALG). In 2019 finished his PhD in Design at the University of Aveiro with the title - For an interaction design of biological inspiration – focused in interaction design based on biological behaviors.
Working as a lecturer since 2007 (IPC; IPCA; UA), currently teaches several Design courses at Bachelor and Master level in Art & Design and in Industrial design.
Is a member of ID+ (The Research Institute for Design, Media and Culture of University of Aveiro and University of Porto).
2010 - 2nd place in the design competition - REMADE IN PORTUGAL - Sensu project.
2010 - Honorable Mention - Solzaima Hotdesigners 2010 - bipolar design.
2009 - 1st Prize in the design competition - REMADE IN PORTUGAL - ceramic project.
Keywords: Interaction, experience, behaviors, biomimetics, artefacts, technology, emotion
- Professor Adjunto Inst. Polit. Coimbra
- Professor convidado Inst. Polit. Cávado e Ave
- Designer estúdioama
Detalhes relativos ao doutoramento
- Title For an interaction design of biological inspiration
- Field Design (interaction and experiences based on biological behaviors)
- Year 2019
Grupos de Investigação
- Maia, P., Dias, N. & Stilwell, G. (2015). Designing with biological behaviors in post- digital Era: Links between animals’ seduction behavior and inedited interactions with technological artifacts Conference IASDR2015 – Australia, At BRISBANE, AUSTRALIA, Volume: ISBN – 978-0-646-94318-3.