Currently PhD candidate at Doctoral Program in Design at Faculty of Fine Arts of University of Porto (University of Aveiro, UPTEC and ID+), researcher at ID+ Research Institute for Design, Media and Culture, collaborator at Institute of Sociology of University of Porto (with research funded by Foundation for Science and Technology - FCT), volunteer member and project manager & facilitator at Associação das Mulheres Agricultoras de Castelões (Tondela, Portugal - @AMACastelões), volunteer project manager & facilitator at Entrepreneurship and Transformative Social Innovation Area at ACTUAR - Associação para a Cooperação e o Desenvolvimento (Aveiro, Portugal - https://actuar-acd.org) and member of EMES International Research Network (https://emes.net/).
BA in International Business Administration (Oxford Brookes University, UK), MA in Design (Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil) and Post-graduated in Project Management (Institute of Technological Education, Brazil).
Experience as researcher, lecturer, consultant, project manager & facilitator implementing processes which promote socioeconomic, environment, culture, education, health and human rights transformation. Worked in projects related to social design, social entrepreneurship, social impact business, youth entrepreneurship and employability, creative & collaborative economies and communities, solidarity economy and social ecology encouraging public policies implementation. Also, related to social pedagogy with emphasis on social management, as well as associative and fraternal economy.
Founder of SOMOS Process - Education for Transformative Social Innovation Projects (www.nuwa.com.br/somos) as well as Nuwa Project and Nuwa Project Lab (www.nuwa.com.br/laboratorio I www.nuwa.com.br).
Interested in facilitating design & management processes and education, strategic design and integral/holistic design management with sensorial experiences. Focus on participatory design; local development; public policies; transformative processes; creative, organic & circular economies and communities for transformative social innovation.
- PhD Student in Design Faculty of Fine Arts, University of Porto
- Researcher ID+ Research Institute for Design, Media and Culture
- Collaborator Institute of Sociology, University of Porto
- Lopes, L., Franqueira, T., Alvelos, H. & Parente, C. (2021). Components of spirituality to safeguard life: to the development of an integral design management approach. Discern: International Journal of Design for Social Change, Sustainable Innovation and Entrepreneurship, 2 (2), 7-21.
- Resende, Lopes de. L. (2008). Responsabilidade social nas relações entre designers e artesãos um caminho sustentável? (Dissertação de Mestado). Pontificia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro. Rio de Janeiro, RJ. Recuperado de https://www2.dbd.puc-rio.br/pergamum/biblioteca/php/mostrateses.php?open=1&arqtese=0610430_08_Indice.html
- Lopes, L. (2021). Senhoras Agricultoras do Linho. 41-46. In: Alvelos, H., Kosztyla, A., Fernandes, A., Rebelo, A. M., Casteião, A., Mergener, D., Palmares, H., Lopes, L., Brasil, M., Fragoso, P. & Brandão, R. (2021). Tiger in Zoom Cages. Tiger Vol. 4. Porto, Portugal. https://doctortiger.wordpress.com/
Scientific, artistic and cultural production
Scientific events organization
- Alvelos, H., Kosztyla, A., Fernandes, A., Rebelo, A. M., Casteião, A., Mergener, D., Palmares, H., Lopes, L., Brasil, M., Fragoso, P. & Brandão, R. – Organizing Committee (2021). Doctoral Side Effects – Let’s talk about doing a PhD during a pandemic. 21st May 2021. https://bit.ly/2Q_BhI1m
Other scientific activity spreading actions
- Lopes, L., Franqueira, T., Alvelos, H. & Parente, C. (28 a 30 Outubro 2021). Gestão de Design Integral: contributos para um olhar ontológico para a vida. Poster apresentado no Ciência 2021 – Encontro com a Ciência e Tecnologia em Portugal. Lisboa, Portugal. https://lnkd.in/g_eEi2M