Born in 1978, in South Africa, studied in Portugal and opened his own design studio focused on interior and product design (Estúdio Ama) after graduating in Product Design (ARCA-EUAC). In 2009 received his M.Sc. in Engineering Design (IST) and in 2011 the title of Specialist in Product Design (IPG; IPL; IPVC). Working as a lecturer since 2010: IPG, IPV, UA in Portugal and IEU in Turkey, at the is moment Project Manager (Design Led Developer) at Design Factory Aveiro in Creative Science Park. He is currently a PhD candidate at the University of Aveiro where he is studding and working with biological generative systems, looking for alternative production tools aimed at customization.
- Maia, P. & Pinto, R. (2021). Preserving heritage through new narratives: designing a guesthouse within a multidisciplinary team. In Fátima Pombo (org.) OIKOS – Design for Ecosystemic Spaces, Aveiro: Universidade de Aveiro, (pp 79-98), ISBN 978-972-789-695-0
- Pinto, R. & Maia, P. (2021). Narratives in Biodesign: between poiesis and praxis. In Arruda, A. & Langella, C. (2021, no prelo). “Diseño, Innovación y Transdisciplinariedad”: Relaciones del Diseño com la Naturaleza, la Biología y la Tecnología. Facultad de Diseño y Comunicación: UP | UFPE | Vanvitelli
- Maia, P. & Pinto, R. (2020). Preserving heritage through new narratives: designing a guesthouse within a multidisciplinary team. SOPHIA Journal: Visual spaces of change: designing interiority – shelter, shape, place, atmosphere. ISSN 2183-8976 [Print] 2183-9468 [Online]. Volume 5, Issue 1 | Publication year: 2020. DOI 10.24840/2183-8976_2019-0005_0001_03
- Maia, P. & Pinto, R. (no prelo, 2020). Preserving heritage through new narratives: designing a guesthouse within a multidisciplinary team. SOPHIA Journal – Visual Spaces of Change: Designing Interiority – shelter, shape, place, atmosphere, number 5. ISSN 2183-8976
- Franqueira, T., Pereira, C., Pinto, R.; Gomes, G. (2017) Setting-up a Design Factory within a Creative Science Park @Aveiro Region, The Design Journal, 20:sup1, S622-S634, DOI: 10.1080/14606925.2017.1353010
- PINTO, Raul; AFONSO, Ana; LARANJEIRA, Inês; FRANQUEIRA, Teresa; MENDONÇA, Rui (2011) – Bees: new creative agents; DPPI’11- Designing Pleasurable Products and Interfaces; Jun 2011, Milano