Silvina Félix is a designer and assistant professor at the School of Design, Management and Production Technologies Northern Aveiro since 2009. Graduated in Communication Design at the University of Aveiro (2001), she finished her PhD in Design in 2019 with the doctoral thesis “Design for additive manufacturing: contributions from a paradigm shift production to designers practice”, under the status of Investigation Scholarship Holder of Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia (SFRH/ BD/115246/2016). Her research interests focus on Design for Additive Manufacturing Methodologies in Design Education context and the role of Drawing /Sketching in the Creative Design Process.
- Assistant Professor School of Design, Management and Production Technologies Northern Aveiro at University of Aveiro
- Title Design for additive manufacturing: contributions from a production paradigm shift to designer's practice
- Field Design for additive manufacturing
- Year 2019
- Pombo, F., Felix S. (2020) Guest Editors. SOPHIA Journal. Visual Spaces of Change: Designing Interiority in Architecture – Shelter, Shape, Place, Atmosphere, number 5. ISSN 2183-8976
- Pereira, C., Fonseca, I., Martins, O., Arezes, R., & Félix, S. (Eds.). (2017). “Livro de Atas UD16 – 5º Encontro de Doutoramentos em Design”. Aveiro: UA Editora · Universidade de Aveiro Serviços de Biblioteca, Informação Documental e Museologia. ISBN 978-972-789-504-5
- Félix, S. (2021) Digital Sketching to Improve Sketching Practice in Design Higher Education. In Pombo, F. (ed.) OIKOS-Design for Ecosystemic Spaces. Aveiro: Universidade de Aveiro Ed. (pp. 109-118) ISBN 978-972-789-695-0
- Fonseca, I., & Félix, S. (2016). Design de uma interface digital para seniores analfabetos. In Á. Sousa, F. Providência, & C. Pereira (Eds.), Ergotrip Design – coletânea de textos selecionados pela Comissão Científica dos Encontros Internacionais de Estudos Luso-Brasileiros em Design e Ergonomia. Aveiro: UA Editora. ISBN: 978-972-789-485-7.
- Félix, S., Dias, N., Clemente, V. (2017). Designing for additive manufacturing: a design research methodology. The Design Journal, 20 (sup1): S4754-S4757.
- Félix, S. Dias, N., Clemente, V. (2018) Additive Manufacturing artefacts: an evaluation matrix proposal. In O. Moret (Ed.), Back to the Future The Future in the Past. ICDHS 10th+1 Barcelona 2018 Conference Proceedings Book. (pp. 787-791)
Scientific, artistic and cultural production
- Félix, S. (2020) Reviewer for SOPHIA Journal. Visual Spaces of Change: Designing Interiority in Architecture – Shelter, Shape, Place, Atmosphere, number 5. ISSN 2183-8976
- Félix, S. (2019) Member of the Scientific Committee for UNIDCOM/IADE – Conference Senses & Sensibility – “Lost in (G)localization”, Lisbon 27th-29th November 2019
Scientific events organization
- Pombo, F. e Félix, S (2021) (org and chair) Table 4 – Life Cycle Design and Audiovisual Media in from CINCOMA – II Congreso Internacional de Innovacion en Comunicación y Medios Audiovisuales, 19th-22nd October 2021, Alicante, Spain, https://cincoma.org/mesa-life-cycle-design/
- Félix, S. (2016) Member of the Organization Committee of International Conference UD 16 – 5th PDH in Design Reseach Meeting