Violeta Clemente (1978) is a Mechanical Engineer and Professor of Higher Education at the University of Aveiro (ESAN) since 2004. In 2016 she completed her doctoral thesis entitled "Education for creative and critical thinking in product design and technology". Since then she has presented her research work at Design conferences in Portugal, Italy and Spain. In 2017 she was invited one week to the Department of Architecture and Design of Politecnico di Torino (Italy) to work creative thinking with graduate design students and research methodologies with PhD students. Between 2016 and 2019 she collaborated in supervising a Design PhD thesis entitled “Design for Addditive Manufacturing: contributions from a paradigm shift production to designers practice”. She is now starting a new collaboration in supervising a Design PhD thesis about creativity and interior design. Her current research interests are related with Research Methodologies in Doctoral Education in Design, Creativity and Critical Thinking and Additive Manufacturing.
- Assistant Professor University of Aveiro (ESAN)
- Title Education for creative and critical thinking in product design and technology
- Year 2016
- Reis, M., Clemente, V. (2019) A visual tale about creativity. in Tschimmel, K. (Ed.) The Creativity Virus – a book about and for Creative Thinking. Porto, Portugal: Mindshake
- Félix, S., Dias, N., Clemente, V. (2017). Designing for additive manufacturing: a design research methodology. The Design Journal, 20 (sup1): S4754-S4757.
- Clemente, V, Tschimmel, K., Vieira, R. (2017). Why a Logbook? A backpack journey as a metaphor for product design education. The Design Journal, 20 (sup1): S1530-S1542.
- Clemente, V., Tschimmel, K, Pombo, F. (2017). A Future Scenario for a Methodological Approach applied to PhD Design Research: From Empirical Study to Analytical Model. The Design Journal, 20 (sup1): S792-S802.
- Clemente, V, Tschimmel, K., Vieira, R, M. (2016) Pensamento criativo e crítico no Desenvolvimento de Produto: uma intervenção didática baseada no Design Thinking. Revista Lusófona de Educação, 32: 75-92.
- Clemente, V., Vieira, R., & Tschimmel, K. (2016). A learning toolkit to promote creative and critical thinking in product design and development through Design Thinking. In Engineering Education (CISPEE), 2016 2nd International Conference of the Portuguese Society for (pp. 1-6). IEEE.
- Clemente, V, Vieira, R, M., Tschimmel, K. (2015). Desenvolvimento do pensamento criativo e crítico em estudantes de Tecnologia e Design de Produto: o percurso investigativo à luz do Design Thinking. In Dominguez, Caroline et. al. (Eds.) Pensamento Crítico na Educação: Desafios Atuais (pp.17-23), UTAD Vila Real, Portugal.
- Félix, S. Dias, N., Clemente, V. (2018) Additive Manufacturing artefacts: an evaluation matrix proposal. In O. Moret (Ed.), Back to the Future The Future in the Past. ICDHS 10th+1 Barcelona 2018 Conference Proceedings Book. (pp. 787-791)
- Clemente, V., Vieira, R., & Tschimmel, K. (2018). A metaphoric thinking styles taxonomy to promote students’ metacognitive self-reflection in Design learning. In O. Moret (Ed.), Back to the Future The Future in the Past. ICDHS 10th+1 Barcelona 2018 Conference Proceedings Book. (pp. 679-683)
- Clemente. V., Tschimmel, K. & Pombo, F.(2018). Methodologies in Doctoral Research in Design: the Role of Research Paradigms. In ICDHS 10th+1 Conference Back to the Future: starting again understanding our own past and heritage Barcelona, 29-31 November, 2018.
- Clemente, V. (2016). Education to creative and critical thinking in Product Design and Technology. (Unpublished doctoral dissertation). University of Aveiro, Aveiro.
Scientific, artistic and cultural production
- Clemente, V. (2019). Invitation to Scientific Committee, 4th International Conference of the Portuguese Society for Engineering Education (CISPEE 2020), Lisboa
- Clemente, V. (2019), Conference International Review College Member, International Association of Societies of Design Research Conference 2019, 2nd-5th September 2019
- Clemente, V. (2018). Scientific Committee Member 3rd International Conference of the Portuguese Society for Engineering Education (CISPEE 2018), Aveiro
- Clemente, V. (2018) Conference International Review College Member, Design Research Society Conference, Limerick, 25th-28th June 2018