António João Fernandes Lourenço Gomes is a communication and product designer based in Coimbra, Portugal. He is an adjunct faculty member at The School of Design, Management and Production Technologies Northern Aveiro, University of Aveiro (ESAN–UA). He holds a Ph.D in Design from FBAUP/UA, Portugal. His current research addresses the cultural significance and historical inscription of Almalaguês, a traditional Portuguese weaving technique. He has a broad professional experience as a designer in diverse areas of application, including graphic and editorial design, information design, product design, and design of environments and exhibitions in commercial and museological contexts.
- Professor Adjunto UA (ESAN)
- Title Almalaguez. Tecer o futuro com os fios do passado.
- Field Design, Heritage Crafts, Almalaguês, Industry
- Year 2018
- Alvelos, H.; Barreto, S.; Chatterjee, A.; Gomes, A.J.; Almeida, P.C. (2019). “Anti-Amnesia: the viability of millenary weaving in a World of acceleration”. In European Conference on Arts and Humanities. Brighton: IAFOR
- Alvelos, H.; Barreto, S.; Chatterjee, A.; Penedos Santiago, E.; Almeida, P.; Gomes, A.; & Pereira, J. B. (2019). “Wisdom and Amnesia: media as a key concept for the sustainability of traditional knowledge in design education”, Encontro Ciência 2019, FCT, Lisbon, July 2019.