Concluded Habilitation title (DSc) in Industrial Engineering, in April 2019, at New University of Lisbon.
He received his PhD degree of Mechanical Engineering (1999) from the University of Minho. He holds, also, a Post-graduation in Quality Engineering (1990) by the New University of Lisbon.
He is currently a professor at Design School of Polytechnic Institute of Cávado and Ave (IPCA), Barcelos, Portugal. He created and was Director of the Master Course on Integrated Management Systems (Quality, Environment and Safety) at the School of Technology of the same institute.
He is author of several scientific articles in national and international journals. His research interests are in the field of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering where it is included Product Development, Quality, Environment, Safety, Social Responsibility and Innovation, as well as, the integration of management systems, aiming at the Sustainability of Organizations.
- Professor Adjunto IPCA
- Year 1999
- Silva, S., Sá, J.C., Silva, F.J.G., Ferreira, L.P., Santos, G. 2020. Lean Green—The Importance of Integrating Environment into Lean Philosophy—A Case Study. Lecture Notes in Networks and Systems 122, pp. 211-219
- Cordeiro, P., Sá, J.C., Pata, A., Gonçalves, M., Santos, G., Silva, F.J.G. 2020. The Impact of Lean Tools on Safety—Case Study. Studies in Systems, Decision and Control 277, pp. 151-159
- Gonçalves, I., Sá, J.C., Santos, G., Gonçalves, M., 2019. Safety stream mapping—a new tool applied to the textile company as a case study. Studies in Systems, Decision and Control 202, pp. 71-79
- Santos, G., Sá, J.C., Oliveira, J., Ramos, D.G., Ferreira, C., 2019. Quality and safety continuous improvement through lean tools. Lean Manufacturing: Implementation, Opportunities and Challenges, 165-188
- Félix, M.J., Santos, G., Simoes, R., Silva, J.R., 2020. Practice-based design research knowledge production for quality assurance in design. International Journal for Quality Research 14(2), pp. 647-660
- Bravi L., Santos G., Pagano A., Murmura F.,2020. Environmental management system according to ISO 14001:2015 as a driver to sustainable development. Corp Soc Responsib Environ Manag.,1–16.
- Castro, C., Pereira, T., Sá, J.C., Santos, G., 2020. Logistics reorganization and management of the ambulatory pharmacy of a local health unit in Portugal. Evaluation and Program Planning, 80, 101801
- Correia, L., Brito, A.M., Faria, L., Félix, M.J., Santos, G., Laranjeira, J., Simoes, R., 2020. Dynamic temperature control influence on pressure during injection molding of plastic parts to improve part quality. International Journal for Quality Research 14(2), pp. 635-646
- Carvalho, F., Santos, G., Gonçalves, J., 2020. Critical analysis of information about integrated management systems and environmental policy on the Portuguese firms ‘website, towards sustainable development. Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management 27(2), 1069-1088
- Azevedo, J., Sá, J.C., Ferreira, L.P., Santos, G., Cruz, F.M., Jimenez, G., Silva, F.J.G., 2019. Improvement of production line in the automotive industry through lean philosophy. Procedia Manufacturing 41, 1023-1030
- Doiro, M., Fernández, F.J., Félix, M.J., Santos, G., 2019. Machining operations for components in kitchen furniture: A comparison between two management systems. Procedia Manufacturing 41, 10-17.
- Jimenez, G., Santos, G., Félix, M., Hernández, H., Rondón, C. 2019. Good Practices and Trends in Reverse Logistics in the plastic products manufacturing industry. Procedia Manufacturing 41, pp. 367-374
- Rosalina Patrícia, R., Lopes, N., Santos, G., 2019. Improvement of the food hygiene and safety production process of a Not-for-profit organization using Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN). Procedia Manufacturing 41, pp. 351-358
- Ribeiro, P., Sá, J. C., Ferreira, L.P., Silva, F. J. G., Pereira, M. T., Santos, G., 2019. The Impact of the Application of Lean Tools for Improvement of Process in a Plastic Company: a case study. Procedia Manufacturing 38, pp. 765–775.
- Macedo, C., Freitas, C., Brito, A.M., Santos, G., Faria, L., Laranjeira, J., Simoes, R. Influence of dynamic temperature control on the injection molding process of plastic components. Procedia Manufacturing 38, pp. 1338-1346
- Rodrigues, J., de Sá, J.C.V., Ferreira, L.P., Silva, F.J.G., Santos, G., 2019. Lean management “quick-wins”: Results of implementation. A case study. Quality Innovation Prosperity 23(3), 3-21
- Bravi, L., Murmura, F., Santos, G., 2019. Additive Manufacturing: Possible Problems with Indoor Air Quality. Procedia Manufacturing 41, 952–959
- Jimenez, G., Santos, G., Sá, J.C., Ricardo, S., Pulido, J., Pizarro, A., Hernández, H., 2019. Improvement of productivity and quality in the value chain through lean manufacturing – A case study. Procedia Manufacturing 41, pp. 882-889.
- Africano, N., Rodrigues, A.S., Santos, G. 2019. The main benefits of the implementation of the quality management system in higher education institutions in angola. Quality Innovation Prosperity 23(3), pp. 122-136
- Sá, J.C., Amaral, A., Barreto, L., Carvalho, F., Santos, G., 2019. Perception of the importance to implement ISO 9001 in organizations related to people linked to quality-an empirical study. International Journal for Quality Research 13(4), 1055-1070
- Félix, M.J., Silva, S., Santos, G., Doiro, M., Sá, J.C. 2019. Integrated product and processes development in design: A case study. Procedia Manufacturing 41, 296-303
- Félix, M.J., Gonçalves, S., Jimenez, G., Santos, G., 2019. The contribution of design to the development of products and manufacturing processes in the portuguese industry. Procedia Manufacturing 41, 1055-1062
- Talapatra, S., Santos, G., Uddin, K., Carvalho, F., 2019. Main benefits of integrated management systems through literature review. International Journal for Quality Research 13(4), 1037-1054
- Vieira, T., Sá, J. C., Lopes, M. P., Santos, G., Félix, M. J., Ferreira, L. P., Silva, F. J. G., Pereira, M. T., 2019. Optimization of the cold profiling process through SMED. Procedia Manufacturing, 38, pp. 892–899.
- Ferreira, N., Santos, G., Silva, R. 2019. Ferreira, N., Santos, G., Silva, R. 2019. Risk level reduction in construction sites: Towards a computer aided methodology – A case study. Applied Computing and Informatics 15, 136–143 – A case study. Applied Computing and Informatics 15, 136–143
- Santos, G., Gomes, S., Braga, V., Braga, A., Lima, V., Teixeira, P., Sá, J.C., 2019. Value creation through quality and innovation – a case study on Portugal. TQM Journal 31(6), 928-947
- Costa, A.R., Barbosa, C., Santos, G., Rui Alves, M., 2019. Six sigma: Main metrics and r based software for training purposes and practical industrial quality control. Quality Innovation Prosperity 23(2), 83-100
- Santos, G., Mandado, E., Silva, R., Doiro, M., 2019. Engineering learning objectives and computer assisted tools. European Journal of Engineering Education 44(4), 616-628
- Bravi, L., Murmura, F., Santos, G., 2019. The ISO 9001:2015 quality management system standard: Companies’ drivers, benefits and barriers to its implementation. Quality Innovation Prosperity 23(2), 64-82
- Araújo, R., Santos, G., da Costa, J.B., Sá, J.C., 2019. The quality management system as a driver of organizational culture: An empirical study in the Portuguese textile industry. Quality Innovation Prosperity 23(1), 1-24
- Santos, G., Murmura, F., Bravi, L., 2019. Developing a model of vendor rating to manage quality in the supply chain. International Journal of Quality and Service Sciences 11(1), 34-52
- Oliveira, S.; Santos, G.; Costa, J. (2016) – The importance of quality in the consolidation of textile firms in the Minho region in Northern Portugal. International Journal of Engineering and Industrial Management. Issue 6, pp 87-106.
- Maia, P., Felix, M. J. Santos, G., Dias, N. & Stilwell, G. (2019). Biological metaphors to construct a narrative in product design. Proceedings of M2D 2019 – Mechanical and Materials in Design. 8th International Conference, Bolonha, Itália.