Rodrigo Carvalho (Porto, 1983), designer & new media artist from Porto/Portugal. Graduated in Design (U. Aveiro, 2005), Master Degree in Digital Arts (U.Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona,2009), and Phd in Digital Media (U. Porto/UT Austin Colab, 2018). His work on live visuals, coding and interactive art involves a wide range of different outputs, from screen digital work, interactive installations, audiovisual live acts, or interactive visuals for stage performance. He has presented work in many events worldwide as: Sonar Festival (Barcelona), MutekEs (Barcelona), Echo(Dubai), Stereolux (Nantes), Iminente (Lisboa) among others. He is also the visual side of BorisChimp504 and co-founder of Openfield creative studio.
- Guest Assistant Professor FBAUP
- Guest Assistant Professor ULP
- Guest Adjunct Professor ESMAD
- Title S+V+M: Relationships between the Sound, Visual and Movement domains in Interactive Systems
- Field Digital Media
- Year 2018
- Lima, C., Barreto, S. & Carvalho, R. (2021). Da materialidade da obra à imaterialidade da representação digital: uma reinterpretação das obras de Francis Bacon num contexto pedagógico. Rotura – Revista de Comunicação, Cultura e Artes, 2, 79-86.
- Carvalho, R.(2013). “From Clavilux to Ufabulum.” in CITAR Journal of Science and Tecnology of the Arts v.5, pg. 43–52., Porto, Portugal.
- Carvalho, R., de Quay, Y and Jun, S. (2014). “The Interpreter“. in INTER-FACE : International Conference on Live Interfaces 2014. Lisboa.
- Beira, J., Carvalho, R. & Kox, S. (2013). “Mixed reality immersive design: a study in interactive dance“. in ImmersiveMe ’13 Proceedings of the 2013 ACM international workshop on Immersive media experiences, pg 45-50. SIGMULTIMEDIA. ACM New York, USA.
- Betella, A. , Carvalho R. , Sanchez-Palencia, J., Bernardet, U., and F. M. J. Verschure, P. (2012). “Embodied interaction with complex neuronal data in mixed-reality“. In Proceedings of the 2012 Virtual Reality International Conference (VRIC ’12). ACM, New York, NY, USA
- Rocha Gonçalves, F., Carvalho, R. (2019) . Luciferina. xCoAx 2019: Proceedings of the 7th Conference on Computation, Communication, Aesthetics & X, Milão 2019.
- Carvalho, R., Neto, M. (2014). “Non Human Device #002“. in xCoAx 2014: Proceedings of the Second Conference on Computation, Communication, Aesthetics and X. Porto.
- Carvalho, R. (2013). “The magical features of immersive audiovisual environments“. in Interactions, V.20 I.5,pg. 32-37. ACM New York, USA