Soraia Ala owns 9 years of professional experience as new product development project leader at Philips and Bosch. Since 2004 she is dedicated to higher education, teaching different courses within a Product Design degree, namely in the areas of product development process and control. Her master degree was in the area of technology, science and innovation management, her PhD degree was obtained with the Thesis “Technology commercialization models”, resulting from a research on the need to promote an efficient knowledge transfer process from Research and Development (R&D) organizations to other parties in order to create social and economic value.
- Professor Adjunto ESAN/UA
- Title Technology commercialization models
- Year 2016
- ORCID • 0000-0001-7151-0639
- Reis, M., Félix, S., & Ala, S. (2022). Improving communication skills of product design students by fostering the link between companies and academia. In La comunicación como herramienta post COVID-19 (pp. 65–75). Universidad de Alicante. Link
- Ala, S. (2021) Does the European Paradox Still Hold for Portugal?. In Fátima Pombo (org.) OIKOS – Design for Ecosystemic Spaces, Aveiro: Universidade de Aveiro, (pp 131-143), ISBN 978-972-789-695-0
- Ala, S. & Vilarinho, P. (2014). “Knowledge Valorisation and the European Paradox: A Case Study”. Paper presented at the 6th International Conference on Applied Economics, Business and Development, Lisbon. Link
- Gomes, A., Torcato, R., Ala, S., & Afreixo, V. (2012). “Learning environments and pedagogical model of an engineering design degree program”. Paper presented at the International Confererence on Engineering and Product Design Education City University, London.
- Ala, S., Gomes, A., & Torcato, R. (2011). “Product Development Project Courses in an Engineering Design Degree Program”. In E&PDE 2011: Design Education for Creativity and Business Innovation (pp. 379–384). Link
Scientific, artistic and cultural production
- Ala, S. (2020-2023). Member of the project POCI-01-0247-FEDER-047102 Additive Manufacturing for Industrial Ceramics
- Ala, S. (2021-2023). Member of the project POCI-01-0247-FEDER-047026 Advanced Technologies Solutions for T-RTM
- Ala, S. (2019) member of the Scientific Committee for UNIDCOM/IADE – Conference Senses & Sensibility – “Lost in (G)localization”, Lisbon 27th-29th November 2019.
- Ala, S. (2021) member of the Scientific Committee for 2nd Sustainable and Smart Advanced Manufacturing, Meeting. Oliveira De Azeméis, Portugal 21th-22th October, 2021.
- Ala, S. (2018-2022). Member of the project POCI-01-0247-FEDER-024533 Add additive manufacturing to Portuguese industry