[LUME] aims at the re-calibration of contemporary and traditional media towards common good. It stems from the evidence that technological development needs critical interpretation, as well as mindful implementation and regulation. The group thus proposes the decipherment of media paradoxes and perplexities, as well the capacitation of citizens facing the challenges of contemporary culture.
[LUME] proposes to contribute to the following:
- The decipherment of contemporary social, cultural and mythological paradoxes and perplexities.
- The capacitation of citizens in their relational ambivalence with the vertigo of contemporary culture.
- The legitimisation of multiple value systems and cultural/material production models.
- The calibration of contemporary media through projects that engage with factors of accessibility, horizontality, expectation, geometry, narrative, speculation, oneiricism.
- A contextual harmonisation between the axiomatic aspects of design and their current, unpredictable paradigm shifts.
- The active pedagogy of the multiple forms of wealth.
Design research as an agent for narrative and material regeneration and reinvention of vanishing Portuguese manufacturing cultures and techniques //endlessend.up.pt/antiamnesia
The project Anti-Amnesia (POCI-01-0145-FEDER- 029022) is supported by Competitiveness and Internationalisation Operational Programme (POCI), under the PORTUGAL 2020 Partnership Agreement, through the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and through national funds by the FCT – Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia.
Towards the scientific inscription of individual legacies in contexts of retirement from art and design higher education and research //endlessend.up.pt/wisdomtransfer
The project Wisdom Transfer (POCI-01-0145-FEDER- 029038) is supported by Competitiveness and Internationalisation Operational Programme (POCI), under the PORTUGAL 2020 Partnership Agreement, through the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and through national funds by the FCT – Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia.
“Future Places - Media Lab for citizenship” is a project curated by Heitor Alvelos in the context of the UTAustin - Portugal Program in Digital Media, that aims to address the dynamics between new media and the socio-cultural fabric, and has served as a meeting point, incubator, facilitator, showcase and launchpad for numerous creative endeavours, such as workshops, projects, talks, creative events and think-tanks, and has woven itself onto a wide network of local and international resonance.
- Ethnography of Technology; Cultural Heritage; Contemporary Media; Media Literacy.
- Abhishek Chatterjee
- Adriano Rangel
- Anselmo Canha
- António João Lourenço
- António Valente
- Cláudia Lima
- Cristina Fonseca
- Daniel Brandão
- Dula Lima
- Eliana Santiago
- Heitor Alvelos
- Jorge Pereira
- José Carneiro
- Júlio Dolbeth
- Lu do Valle
- Marta Fernandes
- Nuno Martins
- Pedro C. Almeida
- Rui Vitorino Santos
- Sara Botelho
- Sofia Ponte
- Susana Barreto